Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Christopher Channels "How It Works"

As some of you may have gathered by now, I'm one of a growing number of people who are starting to believe that we are living in a simulation.  Think:  the Matrix.

So anyway, I am thinking, If so, there must be a way to manipulate it or cooperate with it or some gawddamn thing.  That's what I'm thinking:  if so, what then?

So I just put it out there yesterday:  How Does This Thing Work???

 Today Chris walks up and asks if I need coffee money.  He's down to his last old dollar, but that's when the giving is best.  He tells me a quick story:

I was headed out on the Greyhound, had my ticket, twelve hour trip, and I was down to my last three bucks.  So I'm walking along and this street person asks for spare change.  I give him a buck.  That's down to two bucks now.  Walk a little further and get hit up again.  Down to my last old dollar.  The nitty gritty.  So here comes another and he hits me up and, damn, I just can't do it, sorry.  So he walks away and I turn to go my way and suddenly I just know I gotta give that man my last dollar.  So I turn and chase after him and give him that last bill I had.  Down to it, Bro.

Then he says, So I get on the bus, go to sit down, and there's a twenty dollar bill in the seat.  He pauses then leans forward and in a conspiratorial whisper says, That's how it works!

So there I am remembering I'd asked a very specific question and the very next day this guy sits down and tells me how the derned thing works.  To get ya gotta give.

Anywho, thank you again, Chris, should you ever read this.

***

Madame LaBelle mailed me a $50 McDonald's gift card plus $25 in cash, so it should be there today or tomorrow at the latest.  The drizzle appears to have stopped, so later I should ride up to Trinity and see if it's there.

This is Elijah, your man on the street (literally), signing off for now.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment