Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Todd of the Pedestrian Bridge

This is Todd. He bears a resemblance to Anthony Hopkins, don't you think?

I first met him back in the early part of Walkabout2.  This was in the early days when I'd only recently discovered the Pedestrian Bridge, and I was just delighting in it.

So I was riding the Beast by and there was Todd, along with two or three other street denizens.  I smelled 420 and came to a screeching halt.  Todd was the vehicle for my first encounter with 420 here in Austin.

Now here's the truth:  I didn't like him at all at first.

He seemed...well, grouchy.  Like there was this black cloud fixing to pour down rain on his parade.  His eyes were forever glancing this way and that, lest someone put something over on him or something.

I just plain did not like the man.  He seemed, well, stingy.  Out for number one.  You know the drill.

But here it is Walkabout3 and Todd is now basically sober.  And the transformation is little short of amazing.  He's actually...fun to be around.

He's well read, smart, and fairly generous, considering his circumstances.  The long and the short of it is that I now like the guy.  Consider him a friend.

See what a little sobriety can do for a man?

Peace, Brother Todd.  Blessings, 420, and a world of transformation ahead of you and all of us.

Elijah

No comments:

Post a Comment