Thursday, October 15, 2009

Allie's Wreck

Allie (Allison), one of the truest of free spirits here in Austin, had a major bicycle wreck the other night.

Apparently it was raining and she was coming downhill waaay too fast,was waaay too drunk, and the physics of wet and speed and turning all combined to morph into a major nightmare for her--and for those of us who love her.

Her jaw was broken.  In addition, the place where the jaw connects to the skull was broken, which ended up injuring her inner ear.  Chin broken.  Road rash galore.

So she's in the hospital, and I can't visit as I don't have ID.

Plastic surgery scheduled for yesterday or today.  I deal with the news of the street which may or may not be accurate. A very sad thing, but at least she's alive, will recover, and will learn something from all of this.

I'd post her picture but she has this thing about photographs.  She won't pose for one but if you can catch her in a candid, that's kewl.  But my camera is broken and all I have to work with is this little webcam.  I'll try to get one once she's back with us.

I asked her how old she was once, as she looks about 14, and there she was swigging on a bottle of Knob-something-or-other bourbon.

"Twenty-one," she said.  "And a half."

She could have slipped right off the pages of Tolkein.  She's elfin, sprite-like, a faerie creature.  And although she could be inside, she lives in the Green Belt.

"Allergies," she said when I asked her why.  "It's just so much easier in the Green Belt."  Ahhhhh.
 
In the meantime, send best wishes.  She's a Sweetie, with a capital "S."

 A world of aloha wafting its way to our Precious One.


E.

No comments:

Post a Comment