Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Unsung Hero of Lift Cafe

This is Willie.  From what I understand, Willie is the owner of the building Lift Cafe is located in. He's also a man with a big heart.
For those of you who've been reading this blog for awhile, you know that "big heart" translates as "heart of Aloha" is this here neck of the woods.

He strikes me as a humble man, and one who wants, somehow, to do something that will make a difference in this world.  I get the feeling he very much wants to leave this world a better place for his having passed this way.

In my books, he already has.

He's fed me, given me coffee, and didn't drive me away when I was wet and cold, but instead made me feel welcome.

Now...isn't that strange, Austin?  Don't you wish the world had a few more Willies in it?

So...each night when I do my forty mahalos (forty thank-yous), I run down the list.  My little community.  All those who have opened their hearts and arms to me.

Willie is an important part of this little Band of Aloha.

And I salute you, Willie.

Sincerely.

Peace, Aloha, and Warm and Dry Places.

Elijah





No comments:

Post a Comment