Monday, October 26, 2009

Brief Update

Am having trouble logging on to Lift Cafe, so I'm not able to upload pics on this really s-l-o-w connection.  Not sure what that's all about.

A wet one last night.  The rain started in a sort of tentative way, so I got up and put on the teentsie rainfly.  About 3 or 4 in the morning the rain began in earnest, so up again, put on poncho, shoes, and go out into the rain.  Put the tarp on and that worked until sometime after 9 AM when I noticed water puddling.  Hmmm.  Not good.

So up and about the day.  At least the new sleeping bag is dry.  I didn't try it last night as it was just too hot when I lay down to sleep.  Tonight will be a different story, however.

The bag is courtesy of Charlie, one of the barristas at Lift Cafe.  Good kid, that Charlie.  I'll upload his picture when I get things sorted out.

And yesterday Jason of Bicycle Sport Shop gifted the journey with a little Nikon camera that's just perfect for documenting this Walkabout.  Or Rideabout, as it were.

Stopped in at Bicycle Sport Shop, took Jason's picture.  Kris told me he's bringing me a jacket which is waterproof but breathable.  Should be perfect for the trip.

I've been doing the beads lately, asking for guidance.  And it seems like it's coming in right and left.  The trip seems to be very much supported, so it's starting to look like a go.  Just hope this old body is up to the stress.

Spent the day between Mickey D's and Lift.  My trousers were a bit wet from the tent puddling, but body heat dried them out.  Ditto the neck scarf.

I am hungry, true, but that's part of the deal.  Perhaps I need to get my begging bowl out, saffron robes.

But that's not me.

All is well.  The world turns as it should and all things needed gravitate to me. 


I will leave Lift Cafe and move through the shiny streets to McDonald's and there I will see Cleve.  He'll give me a couple of tacos ("still good," he'll say), gift me with a bit of 420, and I'll move on down the road, the mendicant having been gifted with food and smoke, up those hard-to-climb ridges and over across the tracks.

The dogs will be asleep and I will move through the thickets and low-lying brush, onto the path and to the campsite.

All will be well there.

All is well here.

Peace, aloha, angels all around.

Elijah
Peace, aloha, dry places.

Elijah

No comments:

Post a Comment