Sunday, October 18, 2009

Get Yer Motor Runnin'....


Enter, Stage Right, T.J., pushing a monstrously heavy bicycle equipped with chainsaw motor.  It was an old Mongoose Project X bike, one of those Wal-mart sells to those of us who can't afford the lightweight ones.

Only this one was just right for T.J.'s purposes.  Cheap, strong, heavy and stable.

So he's thinking:  I wanna put on motor on this thang.  What I got?

Looks around the shop and sees the old chain saw.  Hmmm...I wonder if...?

I didn't get a good pic of the bike, but it's a piece of work. Looks like it was designed and put together by a committee of schizophrenics, each one with his own inner blueprint.

But that chainsaw motor works.  "Tore up that highway with mah chainsaw,"he drawls.

He rode this thang all the way from Sturgis, South Dakota to Austin.  Started on the 4th of August and just got here a day or two ago.

You can see that he's in one helluva hurry, eh?

"I'm always on schedule," he says.  "Even when I'm not."

Words of wisdom.  Sometimes I'm so focused on getting somewhere by a certain grouping of hands on a clock that I forget that when you're in the Magick, you're always on schedule.

And he brought me a gift.  He's talking about his hobo pillow, which, I'm led to believe, he invented.

He likes wine, you see. Wine in those boxes with the polyethelene bladders?

"What you do," he says.  "is get this 5-liter wine bladder.  All ya gotta do is open the valve, blow enough air in there to where ya like it, and put a towel or something over it.  Instant pillow."

I was wondering where I could find such a golden fleece of a bladder when he said, "Matter of fact, there's one in the garbage can over behind P.Terry's.

And nothing would do but we go over there and retrieve it.

Sure enough, it seems just the ticket for a DharmaStreetMonk's head.

How lovely life is, filled with all these characters from Central Casting.

More later on this one.

Peace, aloha, magical pillows,

Elijah



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment